Pagosa Springs - Mesa Canyon Half-Day
We begin this exciting trip in the center of town across from the hot springs and meander our way south of town through beautiful basalt, limestone, and shale Mesa Canyon. Exhilarating whitewater sections such as “Lama Falls,” and “Jacks Rapid,” alternate with scenic floats, offering you plenty of time to enjoy the towering basalt cliffs and wildlife. Numerous species of birds, rare mountain lions, elk, and deer have been sighted. Don’t forget to bring your water and snacks!
Total time: About four hours.
This trip is offered with your choice of oar boat or paddle boat.
Children $47 (ages 7-14)
BOOK ONLINE NOW!
- Meet at the Riverside Campground just east of Pagosa Springs on US Highway 160, between mile makers 145-146.
- Sign in, change into rafting and safety gear, and receive a safety orientation.
- Go rafting!
- Stretch and snack break.
- Take out and receive a shuttle back to the Riverside Campground and the conclusion of your trip.
- Take out and shuttle back to your vehicles
Pagosa Riverside Campground
White Line Take-Out on Country Rd. 500 (Trujillo Rd)
3.5-4.5 Hours, includes travel time
What to Bring
Anything brought on the river should be considered disposable. If you bring a personal item, expect it to get wet, dirty, stained, jostled, crushed, and/or lost overboard. Here is a list of what you should bring on the river, and what you might want to have in your car for after the trip. A detailed list will also be sent to you upon reservation:
- Swimsuit or water apparel (Synthetic, quick dry materials only. Cotton and denim should not be worn.)
- Water shoes or old sneakers with heal support (NO FLIP-FLOPS)
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses with strap
- Waterproof, disposable camera
- Dry, warm clothes
- Lip Ointment
- Cash for souvenirs
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Trips may be booked anywhere from 6 months to 12 hours in advance of launch. However because of the short season and high demand, we recommend sign up as soon as you know your desired launch date.
For single-day trips, full payment is required upon registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover payments over the phone and online. If you are booking at least two weeks in advance, you may mail in a check; however, we can hold your spot for only 5 business days. If we have not received your check within five days, we may resell these seats. We accept cash payments in person only.
For multi-day trips, a $100 per person non-refundable payment is due upon reservation. The remaining payment is due 7 days before the trip date.
BOOK ONLINE NOW!
- With 8+ days notice, 75% of trip cost will be refunded
- With 3-7 days notice, 25% of trip cost will be refunded OR you may reschedule for this season.
- Within 3 days, no refund will be offered; $25 fee to reschedule, per group.
- All payment will be refunded or client may reschedule if we are forced to cancel a trip due to weather, water levels, or low enrollment.