Salt River Rafting - 1 Day Trip
Enjoy a full day of rafting on our wet and wild Salt River Rafting One Day. This run features 10 fun class III rapids packed into 11 miles of river.
Meet us at the Salt River Bridge at 10:00am, where your guides will outfit you in wet suits, splash gear, and PFDs (life jackets) so that you can comfortably navigate this exciting stretch of white water. After a safety orientation, you will load into paddle boats and work with your paddle team to navigate the plentiful rapids. For those wishing not to paddle, an oar boat will be provided upon request.
Stop for lunch at the Canyon Rio Basecamp to dry off, play horseshoes, and fuel up with burgers and dogs, hot off the grill. Vegetarian options provided as well. After lunch, the trip picks up right where it left off with more exciting rapids and great views. Our bus will meet you at take out to transport you back to your vehicles and the conclusion of your trip.
Adult: $125 *
Children Ages 7-14: $99 *
* Prices listed do not include additional access and use fees charged by the White Mountain Apache Tribe and the Forest Service that will also be collected at time of booking.
- Meet at the Canyon Rio orientation tent by the Salt River Bridge on Hwy 60 at 10:00 AM
- Check in, sign the Apache roster and liability waiver, and change into rafting gear
- Meet your guides for the day and begin with a riverside safety orientation and paddling instructions
- Go Rafting! Rapids will include Kiss and Tell, Bump and Grind, Maytag, Grumman, Mother Rock, and Overboard.
- Lunch break- Enjoy a delicious hot lunch. Vegetarian and gluten free options available.
- Back to the boats! Pick up right where you left off with Exhibition, Cibecue, Three Way, Battleship, and Mescal Falls rapids.
- Take out and shuttle back to your vehicles
Salt River Bridge on Hwy 60
Hoodoo take out
Between 3:00-4:00 PM
Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chips, Fresh Fruit, (Garden Burger available upon request)
Wet Suit, Splash Top, PFD, Helmet, and Paddle
What to Bring
Anything brought on the river should be considered disposable. If you bring a personal item, expect it to get wet, dirty, stained, jostled, crushed, and/or lost overboard. Here is a list of what you should bring on the river, and what you might want to have in your car for after the trip. A detailed list will also be sent to you upon reservation:
- Swimsuit or water apparel (Synthetic, quick dry materials only. Cotton and denim should not be worn.)
- Water shoes or old sneakers with heal support (NO FLIP-FLOPS)
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses with strap
- Waterproof, disposable camera
- Dry, warm clothes
- Lip Ointment
- Cash for souvenirs
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Trips may be booked anywhere from 6 months to 12 hours in advance of launch. However because of the short season and high demand, we recommend you sign up as soon as you know your desired launch date.
For single-day trips, full payment is required upon registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express payments over the phone or via our Online Booking System. If you are booking at least two weeks in advance, you may mail in a check; however, we can hold your spot for only 5 business days. If we have not received your check within five days, we may resell these seats. We accept cash payments in person only.
For multi-day trips, a $100 per person non-refundable payment is due upon reservation. The remaining payment is due 7 days before the trip date.
- With 8+ days notice, 75% of trip cost will be refunded
- With 3-7 days notice, 25% of trip cost will be refunded OR you may reschedule for this season.
- Within 3 days, no refund will be offered; $25 fee to reschedule, per group.
- All payment will be refunded or client may reschedule if we are forced to cancel a trip due to weather, water levels, or low enrollment.
Download our Terms of Service, Cancellation Policy, & Liability Release