Salt River Rafting - Three Day Trip
2019 SALT RIVER RAFTING SEASON: Feb 22 to May 5!
Three days and two nights spent in the spectacular Salt River wilderness area. Experience all the luxuries of car camping with the remoteness of backpacking. You and your guides will navigate dozens of class II, III, and IV rapids. Raft amongst forests of saguaro cactus, float through 2000 foot deep granite canyons, and spend nights camped on remote beaches under incredible desert night skies. Oh, and don’t forget the food. Eat better than you do at home. Canyon Rio prides itself on providing fresh delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Typical meals include steak, salmon, and chicken mixed grill, fajitas, pancakes, eggs and bacon, deli sandwiches, and chicken salad.
This trip is a fun and exciting get away, perfect for family vacations, reunions, retreats, team building, bachelor and bachelorette parties, or any other group event.
Adult: $560 *
BOOK ONLINE NOW!
Children Ages 7-14: $470 *
* Prices listed DO NOT include additional access and use fees that will be added to price at time of checkout:
+ 7% land use fee charge (Forest Service & others)
+ $25.00 White Mountain Apache Land Use Fee
- Meet at the Salt River Bridge at 9:00am.
- Check in, sign the Apache roster, liability waiver and pack personal drybag.
- Receive a shuttle to the Canyon Rio basecamp for safety orientation.
- Go Rafting! Rapids will include “Exhibition,” “Mescal,” “Ledges,” and more.
- Enjoy a riverside deli lunch with all the fixings.
- Back to the boats for more exciting rapids.
- Float past the sacred Apache Salt Banks
- Make camp on a private beach and enjoy a night under the desert stars and a delicious meal prepared by your guides.
- Awaken to the smell of coffee and breakfast being prepared by your guides.
- Break camp and continue downstream for big a day of exciting Class II, III, and IV whitewater.
- Enjoy lunch on the banks of the river.
- A hike to view ancient Native American cultural sites is available depending on conditions and the pace of the trip.
- Back to the boats for more exciting rapids.
- Make camp on a private beach. Enjoy yourselves with a fire and camp games while our guides expertly prepare your food.
- Enjoy breakfast and break camp for the last time.
- Savor your last day on the water as the canyon opens up and your trip moves towards Lake Roosevelt. Eat lunch next to the river, then finish the last few miles of river before take out.
- Take out at Lake Roosevelt in the early afternoon and receive a shuttle back to your vehicles and the conclusion of your trip.
- Participants normally return to the vehicles around 5:00 PM. Ask us about our car shuttle service if you would like to save time and have your vehicle waiting for you at the take out.
Canyon Rio Basecamp
Between 5:00-6:00 PM
Wet Suit, Splash Top, PFD, Helmet, and Paddle, and all Food, Kitchen, and Toilets
What to Bring
Anything brought on the river should be considered disposable. If you bring a personal item, expect it to get wet, dirty, stained, jostled, crushed, and/or lost overboard. Here is a list of what you should bring on the river, and what you might want to have in your car for after the trip. . A detailed list will also be sent to you upon reservation:
- Bathing suit, synthetic pants or shorts
- Synthetic, fast-drying shirt
- Neoprene, wool, or quick dry socks
- River sandals or sneakers (NO Flip-Flops)
- Synthetic long underwear
- Warm top and pants
- Rain Gear
- Dry sneakers or boots
- Warm socks for camp
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunscreen and lotion
- Insect repellent
- Sunglasses with strap
- Prescription medications
- Extra contacts or eyeglasses
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Alcoholic beverages/ soda (CANS only. May only be consumed in camp)
- Reading and journal materials
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Trips may be booked anywhere from 6 months to 12 hours in advance of launch. However because of the short season and high demand, we recommend sign up as soon as you know your desired launch date.
For single-day trips, full payment is required upon registration. We accept Visa and MasterCard payments over the phone. If you are booking at least two weeks in advance, you may mail in a check; however, we can hold your spot for only 5 business days. If we have not received your check within five days, we may resell these seats. We accept cash payments in person only.
For multi-day trips, a $100 per person non-refundable payment is due upon reservation. The remaining payment is due 7 days before the trip date.
- With 8+ days notice, 75% of trip cost will be refunded
- With 3-7 days notice, 25% of trip cost will be refunded OR you may reschedule for this season.
- Within 3 days, no refund will be offered; $25 fee to reschedule, per group.
- All payment will be refunded or client may reschedule if we are forced to cancel a trip due to weather, water levels, or low enrollment.