Salt River Rafting - Five Day Trip
2021 bookings are being accepted now! Please Contact Us to book this trip.
Take your time and see more of what the Salt has to offer. Spend 5 days and 4 nights camping, rafting, exploring, and relaxing in the beautiful Salt River Canyon.
The Five Day begins where our day trips start but goes beyond the crowds and affords more time to visit the sites. After getting your feet wet, literally and figuratively, on the many rapids of the day stretch, continue into the Salt wilderness. Here, the Salt River cuts alternately through deep granite canyons and Sonoran sand dunes where the Saguaro cactus grows right up to the river’s edge. You’ll experience more rapids and more hikes than our other trips while having the time to relax and soak it all in. Our professional guides share with you the best of what the Salt has to offer, all while serving up delicious meals and customer service.
Adult: $895 *
Children Ages 7-14: $755 *
* Prices listed DO NOT include additional access and use fees (assessed by ALL outfitters on the Upper Salt River) that will be added to price at time of checkout:
+ 7% land use fee charge (Forest Service & others)
+ $25.00 per person per day White Mountain Apache Land Use Fee (2 days)
- Meet at the Salt River Bridge at 9:30am.
- Check in and receive your river bundle (dry bag, wetsuit, splash gear, PFD, and helmet)
- Head to the put in for a safety orientation.
- Go Rafting! Rapids will include Grumman, Mother Rock, and Overboard.
- Enjoy a riverside lunch and optional side hike.
- Back to the boats for more exciting rapids.
- Make camp on a private beach and enjoy a night under the desert stars and a delicious meal prepared by your guides.
- Awaken to the smell of coffee and breakfast being prepared by your guides.
- Break camp and continue downstream, tackling more Class II, III, and IV whitewater, including the biggest rapids the Salt has to offer.
- Enjoy lunch on the banks of the river.
- Stop to explore side canyons, waterfalls, and freshwater pools.
- Spend each night in a new camp, under brilliant stars. Enjoy yourselves with a fire and camp games while our guides expertly prepare your food.
- Enjoy a final cup of hot coffee and hearty breakfast surrounded by the sounds sights and sounds of the canyon.
- Enjoy the last few rapids and a final lunch before reaching take-out.
- Lake out at Lake Roosevelt around 1:00pm.
- Receive a shuttle back to our Salt Outpost, arriving around 5:00pm. Ask us about our vehicle shuttle service if you would like to save time and have your vehicle waiting for you at the take-out.
Canyon Rio Basecamp
Between 4:00-5:00 PM
Wet Suit, Splash Top, PFD, Helmet, and Paddle, and all Food, Kitchen, and Toilets
What to Bring
Anything brought on the river should be considered disposable. If you bring a personal item, expect it to get wet, dirty, stained, jostled, crushed, and/or lost overboard. Here is a list of what you should bring on the river, and what you might want to have in your car for after the trip. . A detailed list will also be sent to you upon reservation:
- Bathing suit, synthetic pants or shorts
- Synthetic, fast-drying shirt
- Neoprene, wool, or quick dry socks
- River sandals or sneakers (NO Flip-Flops)
- Synthetic long underwear
- Warm top and pants
- Rain Gear
- Dry sneakers or boots
- Warm socks for camp
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunscreen and lotion
- Insect repellent
- Sunglasses with strap
- Prescription medications
- Extra contacts or eyeglasses
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Alcoholic beverages/ soda (CANS only. May only be consumed in camp)
- Reading and journal materials
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Trips may be booked anywhere from 6 months to 12 hours in advance of launch. However because of the short season and high demand, we recommend sign up as soon as you know your desired launch date.
For single-day trips, full payment is required upon registration. We accept visa and MasterCard payments over the phone. If you are booking at least two weeks in advance, you may mail in a check; however, we can hold your spot for only 5 business days. If we have not received your check within five days, we may resell these seats. We accept cash payments in person only.
For multi-day trips, a $100 per person non-refundable payment is due upon reservation. The remaining payment is due 7 days before the trip date.
- With 8+ days notice, 75% of trip cost will be refunded
- With 3-7 days notice, 25% of trip cost will be refunded OR you may reschedule for this season.
- Within 3 days, no refund will be offered; $25 fee to reschedule, per group.
- All payment will be refunded or client may reschedule if we are forced to cancel a trip due to weather, water levels, or low enrollment.