Salt River Rafting - Half Day Trip
2019 SALT RIVER RAFTING SEASON: March 1 to May 5!
Enjoy a half day of rafting on our wet and wild Salt River Rafting Half Day. This run features many fun class III rapids packed into 5 miles of river.
Meet us at the Salt River Bridge at 9:30 AM, where your guides will outfit you in wet suits, splash gear, and PFDs (life jackets) so that you can comfortably navigate this exciting stretch of white water. After a safety orientation, you will load into paddle boats and work with your paddle team to navigate the plentiful rapids. For those wishing not to paddle, an oar boat will be provided upon request.
Adult: $94 *
Children Ages 7-14: $71 *
* Prices listed DO NOT include additional access and use fees (assessed by ALL outfitters on the Upper Salt River) that will be added to price at time of checkout:
BOOK ONLINE NOW!
+ 7% land use fee charge (Forest Service & others)
+ $25.00 per person per day White Mountain Apache Land Use Fee
- Meet at the Canyon Rio orientation tent by the Salt River Bridge on Hwy 60 at 9:30 AM
- Check in, sign the Apache roster and liability waiver, and change into rafting gear
- Meet your guides for the day and begin with a riverside safety orientation and paddling instructions
- Go Rafting! Rapids will include Initiation, Grumman, Overboard, Bump and Grind, and others!
- Take out and shuttle back to your vehicles
Salt River Bridge on Hwy 60
Between 12:30-1:30 PM, dependent on water flows
Wet Suit, Splash Top, PFD, Helmet, and Paddle
What to Bring
Anything brought on the river should be considered disposable. If you bring a personal item, expect it to get wet, dirty, stained, jostled, crushed, and/or lost overboard. Here is a list of what you should bring on the river, and what you might want to have in your car for after the trip. A detailed list will also be sent to you upon reservation:
- Swimsuit or water apparel (Synthetic, quick dry materials only. Cotton and denim should not be worn.)
- Water shoes or old sneakers with heal support (NO FLIP-FLOPS)
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses with strap
- Waterproof, disposable camera
- Dry, warm clothes
- Lip Ointment
- Cash for souvenirs
- Guide Gratuities (optional)
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Trips may be booked anywhere from 6 months to 12 hours in advance of launch. However because of the short season and high demand, we recommend you sign up as soon as you know your desired launch date.
For single-day trips, full payment is required upon registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express payments over the phone and online. If you are booking at least two weeks in advance, you may mail in a check; however, we can hold your spot for only 5 business days. If we have not received your check within five days, we may resell these seats. We accept cash payments in person only.
For multi-day trips, a $100 per person non-refundable payment is due upon reservation. The remaining payment is due 7 days before the trip date.
- With 8+ days notice, 75% of trip cost will be refunded
- With 3-7 days notice, 25% of trip cost will be refunded OR you may reschedule for this season.
- Within 3 days, no refund will be offered; $25 fee to reschedule, per group.
- All payment will be refunded or client may reschedule if we are forced to cancel a trip due to weather, water levels, or low enrollment.
Download our Terms of Service, Cancellation Policy, & Liability Release