Salt River Rafting - Super 1 Day Trip
2018 SALT RIVER RAFTING SEASON: Due to the low amount of precipitation and snowpack in the region, the Salt River has too little flow to be run in the 2018 season. Please try again next year!
During high water periods, we offer a one day trip that covers the same mileage as our two-day trips. This trip is available on weekdays only. Be prepared for an intense, fast paced day of hard paddling. You will get all the action of our one day trip including “Kiss and Tell,” “Grumman,” “Overboard,” “Exhibition,” “Mescal,” and more. Refuel with a hearty, deli-style riverside lunch then continue downstream for more hard hitting action with less frequently visited rapids like “Ledges,” “White Rock,” “Granite,” “Mouse Trap,” and more.
Take out at Gleason Flats, load into the Canyon Rio bus, and prepare for a bus ride that is just as exciting as the rapids. You will arrive back at your vehicles and the conclusion of your trip around 6:00pm. Warning: Even at high water, the super one day is a long day of intense activity that requires a certain level of fitness and endurance. If you are unsure if the Super One Day is right for you, please call Canyon Rio at 1-800-272-3353.
Adult: $225 *
* Prices listed DO NOT include additional access and use fees that will be added to price at time of checkout:
+ 7% land use fee charge (Forest Service & others)
+ $25.00 White Mountain Apache Land Use Fee
- Meet at the Salt River Bridge at 9:00am.
- Check in, sign the Apache roster and liability waiver, and change into rafting gear.
- Walk to the water for a riverside safety orientation
- Go Rafting! Rapids will include Maytag, Grumman, Overboard, Exhibition, Mescal Falls, Ledges, White Rock, Mouse Trap, and many more.
- Riverside, deli lunch is provided. Build your own sandwich with all the fixings.
- Take out and shuttle back to your vehicles
- Return to your car around 6:00pm.
Salt River Bridge
Riverside deli lunch
Wet Suit, Splash Top, PFD, Helmet, and Paddle
What to Bring
Anything brought on the river should be considered disposable. If you bring a personal item, expect it to get wet, dirty, stained, jostled, crushed, and/or lost overboard. Here is a list of what you should bring on the river, and what you might want to have in your car for after the trip. A detailed list will also be sent to you upon reservation:
- Swimsuit or water apparel (Synthetic, quick dry materials only. Cotton and denim should not be worn.)
- Water shoes or old sneakers with heal support (NO FLIP-FLOPS)
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses with strap
- Waterproof, disposable camera
- Dry, warm clothes
- Lip Ointment
- Cash for souvenirs
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Trips may be booked anywhere from 6 months to 12 hours in advance of launch. However because of the short season and high demand, we recommend you sign up as soon as you know your desired launch date.
For single-day trips, full payment is required upon registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express payments over the phone and online. If you are booking at least two weeks in advance, you may mail in a check; however, we can hold your spot for only 5 business days. If we have not received your check within five days, we may resell these seats. We accept cash payments in person only.
For multi-day trips, a $100 per person non-refundable payment is due upon reservation. The remaining payment is due 7 days before the trip date.
- With 8+ days notice, 75% of trip cost will be refunded
- With 3-7 days notice, 25% of trip cost will be refunded OR you may reschedule for this season.
- Within 3 days, no refund will be offered; $25 fee to reschedule, per group.
- All payment will be refunded or client may reschedule if we are forced to cancel a trip due to weather, water levels, or low enrollment.
Download our Terms of Service, Cancellation Policy, & Liability Release