San Juan - 5 Day Trip
Canyon REO offers chartered San Juan river rafting trips for groups of 8 or more. Our Five Day San Juan raft trip starts in Mexican Hat, UT and takes participants through the stunning geography of the Monument Upwarp. You will raft through an 800 foot deep, limestone and sandstone canyon, spend incredible nights under the desert stars, and spend days in the good company of friends, family, and our professional and knowledgeable guides. With relatively warm, muddy water, sandy beaches, mellow hikes, and a few fun, splashy rapids, this trip is perfect for families, school groups, and anyone who loves a quick escape to the beautiful outdoors.
Call for group pricing
- Sandy beaches
- Professional and engaging guides
- Frequent views of wildlife such a Big Horn Sheep, Beavers, Great Blue Herons and more
- Hikes to scenic and historic sites
- Delicious meals
Many water craft options- Oar boat, paddle raft, inflatable kayak
Mexican Hat, UT
Clay Hills, UT
PFD, waterproof dry bags for your gear, trained, certified, knowledgeable guides, all meals and kitchen gear, snacks, and drinks. Our guides prepare and clean up all meals. Splash gear is available upon request.
What to Bring
Anything brought on the river should be considered disposable. If you bring a personal item, expect it to get wet, dirty, stained, jostled, crushed, and/or lost overboard. Here is a list of what you should bring on the river, and what you might want to have in your car for after the trip. . A detailed list will also be sent to you upon reservation:
Bathing suit, synthetic pants or shorts
- Synthetic, fast-drying shirt
- Neoprene, wool, or quick dry socks R
- River sandals or sneakers (NO Flip-Flops)
Shorts and T-shirts
- Rain Gear
- Dry sneakers or boots
- Warm socks for camp
- Sleeping Pad
- Reusable water bottle
- Sunscreen and lotion
- Insect repellent
- Sunglasses with strap
- Prescription medications
- Extra contacts or eyeglasses
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Alcoholic beverages/ soda (CANS only. May only be consumed in camp)
- Reading and journal materials
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Trips may be booked anywhere from 6 months to 12 hours in advance of launch. However because of the short season and high demand, we recommend sign up as soon as you know your desired launch date.
For single-day trips, full payment is required upon registration. We accept Visa and MasterCard payments over the phone. If you are booking at least two weeks in advance, you may mail in a check; however, we can hold your spot for only 5 business days. If we have not received your check within five days, we may resell these seats. We accept cash payments in person only.
For multi-day trips, a $100 per person non-refundable payment is due upon reservation. The remaining payment is due 7 days before the trip date.
- With 8+ days notice, 75% of trip cost will be refunded
- With 3-7 days notice, 25% of trip cost will be refunded OR you may reschedule for this season.
- Within 3 days, no refund will be offered; $25 fee to reschedule, per group.
- All payment will be refunded or client may reschedule if we are forced to cancel a trip due to weather, water levels, or low enrollment.